Have you dreamed of visiting Cuba but didn’t want to deal with the hassle of trying to “get around” the restrictions for US citizens? Would you like to be one of the first US citizens to visit legally? Here's your chance - US citizens can now travel to Cuba - legally!
The US Department of Treasury has issued a limited number of licenses to approved tour companies allowing them to take American citizens to Cuba legally. There are still rules that need to be carefully followed but the short version is that if you travel with a company that has been granted a license, and you are traveling on a “people to people” exchange YOU can go to Cuba.
We can help
There are several companies who have been granted licenses and it can get overwhelming trying to figure out which is the right one for you. We have relationships with the best of these companies. We'll talk to you a bit, find out exactly what you're looking for in a trip to Cuba, and recommend the company and itinerary that's right for you.
This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Even if you make it to Cuba again, it won't be the same.There are two things that could happen in the near future:
- The current restrictions could be lifted completely, allowing American companies (think hotel chains and fast food restaurants) to move in and change Cuba forever.
- The restrictions could be tightened, once again leaving American citizens with no way to visit Cuba without breaking the law.
Either way, you have a small window of time to meet the Cuba you've dreamed of.
There are some things you should know:
- This is not a "lay on the beach sipping mojitos all day" vacation. Engaging in a "people to people" tour means your time will be spent learning about the culture in Cuba and interacting with the Cuban people. You, and the tour company you travel with, must keep a log of your daily activities to prove you were participating in a cultural exchange. You're going to have an amazing time, but you won't be able to work on your tan.
- Don't expect luxury. The companies we work with are the best in the business and have secured the best available accommodations BUT the best available in Cuba is not 5 star, or even 4 star. Accommodations will be basic. It's important to have realistic expectations going into this experience so you won't be disappointed.
- There's not a lot of freedom for you or the tour company you travel with. They try to make the trips the best they can be but, in addition to US government restrictions, the Cuban government often dictates what restaurants can be used etc.
None of this is meant to scare you or make you think that this will be a miserable trip. It's going to be a fantastic trip! But, it's important to have realistic expectations and to go with an open mind, willing to accept things as they are. And really, these things are all part of the reason NOW is such an amazing time to go - while Cuba is still Cuban.
Does this sound like something you'd love to experience? CALL US NOW! 480-998-7606 These tours are very popular. Many are already sold out so it's important to reserve your spot right away. And, while the licenses haven't been renewed for 2013 yet, we can place you on a waiting list so you'll have an opportunity reserve your spot on the best tours before they sell out again next year.